Tuesday, October 26, 2010

TWI: Art

It's been awhile since I posted an art update. I just got back my second paper project but I don't have any photos of it yet, so they'll go in my next art post. Instead, I have some lovely Printmaking updates for you!



This is the sketch for my first woodcut print, which I'm currently working on. It's a totally adorable Wolfman based on Bill Fick's illustration style. It's gonna be great. I can't help but giggle every time I look at it. LOOKATTHEFACEHE'SMAKINGIT'SSOCUTE!

This is the second proof of my final project plate. Here are the prompts/images starting at the top left. 1: Song lyric: Eyes like omens from Kimya Dawson's "Blue Like Nevermind" 2: Something that scared you as a child: the hand from Idle Hands 3: Something that evokes a strong emotion: beards make me happy :] 4: a pop culture reference: John Lennon 5: something you've never drawn but always wanted to: David Bowie 6: represent your favorite holiday/season: Oogie Boogie from Nightmare Before Christmas 7: rebirth: Phoenix from Xmen 8: something created before you were born: Rorschach from Watchmen

No comments: