Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Promises.

My world is changing, drastically. It’s only recently that I have become fully aware of this, and have stopped fighting it. For better or worse, I can’t change what is happening. All I can do is move forward, and make decisions that will hopefully lead me where I want to go. I’m making a few promises to myself.

I promise to only make promises that I intend to keep.

I promise to let myself feel, because it’s not okay to try to make yourself numb all the time.

I promise to let myself make mistakes, and to always learn from them.

I promise to keep learning, and to keep teaching others.

I promise to remember that as much as I think I may know about the world, there is so much more that I don’t know.

I promise to be open to new experiences.

I promise to stop worrying so much about things that are out of my hands.

I promise to laugh every day, especially when I am feeling stressed, or out of control.

I promise to let others in, and to let others help me.

I promise to share the things I love with the people I love, so that they might understand me better.

I promise to only hold other people up the standards that I hold myself to.

I promise to let go of the things that aren’t important, and to hold on to the ones that are.

I promise to never give up my dreams to fulfill some else’s.

I promise to read every day.

I promise to carry a sharpie with me everywhere I go, and to write messages of inspiration to encourage others.

I promise to let myself see the magic in the ordinary.

No comments: